Posted on June 7th, 2010 No comments
From the New Hotness dept. Today, June 7th 2010, RES Software released the long awaited Service Release 1 for PowerFuse 2010. Besides +70 fixes and cool enhancements, there are loads of goodies in this release. Below you will find a breakdown of the new stuff and a link to download the releasenotes. As always the Service Release package is available at the RES Portal for existing SA customers.
- Support for Citrix Xenapp 6 application publishing (yay!)
- Support for MS SQLserver 2008 R2
- Continous background folder syncronization (running at intervals from 1 min to 8 hours)
- Ability to specify /SAMPLEPATH on the Desktop Sampler, thereby enabeling deployment as a custom ressource.
- Option to not launch instant passthrough session if an application is locally available
- Outlook now configured per default to not check default client, to avoid being hassled by the fact that pwrgate.exe handles the lauch
- Built-in option to skip first-time shell init. You may remember this article from a while back on how to do this manually. PowerFuse now has the capability to configure this behavior from within the console!
- And much more!
The unattended installer can be downloaded here and the manual installer here (both require login) Notice the name of the executable has changed. We no longer refer to the quarterly updates as ‘Power Packs’ anymore. They are referred to as Service Packs from now on.