Posted on May 23rd, 2010 No comments
May 20th, the RES PowerFuse Administrative guide was released. This massive 312 page document has been in the works for quite a few months. It contains alot of good, solid technical information about how to deploy and configure all the components of RES PowerFuse, including the Desktop Sampler, the Workspace Extender, all sorts of interesting commandlines, registry settings etc.
Here are some of the sections I would like to highlight from the guide:
- Pages 109-128: Here you have a complete reference to all the .ini settings in the pwrmenu.ini file in the users homedirectory.
- Pages 185-195: All the secret sauce on Zero Profile Technology, that is how to use it. (sorry A.S., you’ll have to figure out to do ZPT on your own :-)
- Pages 200-205: Describes the exact order in which things happen inside PowerFuse during login, session refresh and logout. This is valuable information, folks!
- Pages 285-297: Yes! Finaly a complete and official guide to the PowerFuse registry settings. As my old article on RESGuru.com hasn’t been updated for quite a while time, this is definatly a must-read!
The Admin Guide can be downloaded from the RES Software portal using this link. Note that a login is NOT required for this file. For a complete overview of free downloads, visit the download treeview here. This is a bookmark worth saving. All free downloads are marked with this icon: All downloads requiring login with your SA portal account are marked with a padlock icon like this one .
To download other technical documents in the treeview, you’ll want to navigate to Downloads Tree | RES PowerFuse | Technical documentation.
Posted on February 14th, 2010 No comments
From the New-Hottness Dept. Here’s a little item, which has the potential to make alot of existing RES fans very happy. In PowerFuse 2010 you are now able to centrally switch PowerFuse on/off as the shell, just using the RES console! Contrary to the old SetShell tool, this feature will also allow you to change shell on multiple machines at once!
For more details on this feature, go read the full article right here.
Posted on January 27th, 2010 No comments
RC1 of RES PowerFuse 2010 is available now.
This release candidate includes:
- Zero Profile Technology
- Restore User Settings
- Override Feature Properties
- Support for Remote Assistance
- Microsoft SQL Azure database support
- Support for Citrix XenApp Application Streaming
- Automatically Run Workspace Composer
- Workspace Designer improvements (support for analyzing applications and locations/devices)
- Redesigned Management Console (IR3)
- Desktop Sampler (IR3)
- Workspace Designer (IR3)
- Workspace Model (IR3)
- Support for Microsoft Windows 7 (IR2)
- Folder Synchronization for PowerLaunch (IR2)
- Support for Multiple Directory Services (IR1)
For all partners and customers that are NOT part of RES Software’s EAP program the MSI can be obtained through the RES Portal.
Posted on October 29th, 2009 No comments
Today, at RES Focus 2009, CTO Bob Janssen presented a public preview of PowerFuse 2010. Apart from a freakishly cool new and simplified administration interface, RES decided to release the PowerFuse 2010 interim release with a huge load of new features that allow organizations to perform extensive investigation and configuration based in non-intrusive sampling of a current working environment. Awesome, automatic and built-in! Ofcourse there are loads more options, features and new solutions to report, so please check back in the very near future for more updates and reviews.
Posted on August 13th, 2009 No comments
August 12th, RES Software released PowerFuse 2008 SR6. Service release 6 for PowerFuse contains over 80 enhancements and fixes which are listed further on in this article. Besides just this service release RES Software also released newer versions of the Workspace Extender, LanguagePack, Subscriber and PowerPacks for the enterprise and express versions of PowerFuse.
Posted on August 4th, 2009 No comments
As of today, new or changed knowledge base articles are available on the RES Software Solution Assurance Portal. These articles refer to PowerFuse, Wisdom and the RES Subscriber (Agent)/RES PowerFuse Workspace Extender. I’m guessing things haven’t changed much at RES Software HQ since their last updates because the list is huge again!