Posted on June 7th, 2010 No comments
From the New Hotness dept. Today, June 7th 2010, RES Software released the long awaited Service Release 1 for PowerFuse 2010. Besides +70 fixes and cool enhancements, there are loads of goodies in this release. Below you will find a breakdown of the new stuff and a link to download the releasenotes. As always the Service Release package is available at the RES Portal for existing SA customers.
- Support for Citrix Xenapp 6 application publishing (yay!)
- Support for MS SQLserver 2008 R2
- Continous background folder syncronization (running at intervals from 1 min to 8 hours)
- Ability to specify /SAMPLEPATH on the Desktop Sampler, thereby enabeling deployment as a custom ressource.
- Option to not launch instant passthrough session if an application is locally available
- Outlook now configured per default to not check default client, to avoid being hassled by the fact that pwrgate.exe handles the lauch
- Built-in option to skip first-time shell init. You may remember this article from a while back on how to do this manually. PowerFuse now has the capability to configure this behavior from within the console!
- And much more!
The unattended installer can be downloaded here and the manual installer here (both require login) Notice the name of the executable has changed. We no longer refer to the quarterly updates as ‘Power Packs’ anymore. They are referred to as Service Packs from now on.
Posted on April 24th, 2009 No comments
This friday, April 24th, RES Software released Service Release 5 for PowerFuse 2008. This is a major overhaul which includes many new enhancements, and fixes alot of issues.
The update can be downloaded from the RES portal. As usual there 4 different downloads to consider: Either the full installer for new installations, or the PowerPacks, either the unattended or the manual version. Besides that, there is also the stand-alone Console installer, if you need it. Remember to have your credentials for the portal handy when you use these links. Some of the enhancements in PowerFuse 2008 SR5 are:
- Additional environment variables when configuring User Preferences
- Configure cache timer interval
- Configure groups as application manager
- Configure MemoryShield to count open tasks of an application only once
- Exclusions in User Preferences
- File version included in pwrcache errors in common Error Log
- Force logoff of disconnected sessions after timeout
- Import file type associations for applications
- Import settings from Flex Profile Kit INI files into RES PowerFuse as User Preferences
- Improved method to handle desktop items
- Install Updates and Shutdown option added
- Instant LogOff user profile cleanup no longer active for Microsoft Windows Vista/2008
- NetGuard dump extended with computer/server name
- Republish all applications in a Citrix Server Group
- Silent refresh of RES PowerFuse sessions
- Support for VMware View 3.1
- Unmanaged applications optionally available to all users
- Use Active Directory property “displayname” instead of fullname”
Important note. This Service Release includes several new registry settings and environment variables. The reference documents maintained maintained on this site are being updated accordingly:
RG006 – Variables, Tags and Functions (more info is being added as we learn about the new variables)